Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Hush, Hush

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:
Hush, Hush
Vee raised her palms and took a step back. "I was doing you a favor. Elliot is wild about you. After you left, I told him you have like, ten guys calling you every night. You should have seen his face. Barely contained jealousy."
I groaned.
"It's the law of supply and demand," Vee said. "Who would've thought economics would come in useful?"
I looked to the arcade doors. "I need something."
"You need Elliot."
"No, I need sugar. Lots of it. I need cotton candy." What I needed was an eraser big enough to scrub away all evidence of Patch from my life. Particularly the mind-speaking. I shuddered. How was he doing it? And why me? Unless... I'd imagined it. Just like I'd imagined hitting someone with the Neon. - pgs. 106-107, Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick



What are you reading this week?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...