Sunday, May 16, 2010

For the Love of Books: Book Art


For the Love of Books is my very own weekly Sunday meme dedicated to the wacky, weird, and wild world-wide-web finds related to the world of books. Topics can be anything ranging from unique bookcases, sculptures of books, and odd bookstores, to interesting uses for books, book quotes, bits of book news, etc. I love web-surfing and I have come across so many ideas that the possibities for this meme are nearly endless! If you would like to join in the fun, snag the image on the left and post the link your specific blog post in comments so that others can read about your internet find!

I thought I would use today to showcase a few alternative uses for books that I have discovered across the internet.

First we have a Loveseat by the company, Big Cozy Books, which makes furniture that appears to be made from extremely oversized books.

Then I found the This Into That gallery of artforms made from books, primarily into bookshelves of different sizes and shapes.


Here is a chair made from discarded paperbacks that BoingBoing discovered. It does look pretty neat, and it's a great way to recycle old paperbacks, but I must admit, it does not look very comfortable.



And then there are the book artists, who sculpt beautiful works of art from books, limited only by their imagination. These are just a few of my favorites:




And here's one more that I simply had to include, because really, what can you say?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...