Friday, February 19, 2010

About Me


ABOUT ME
I grew up a bookworm and excelled in school simply because I was an avid reader. Books were my closest friends, my safehaven from the world, my reward for hard work, and my secret indulgence. My first full-time job was in a bookstore - it felt like coming home. The sight of rows and rows of books, the new book smell every shipment, moving books around all day every day, talking about books, was like balm for my soul. I was there 3 years before I moved away. Only recently have I discovered the world of book blogging, and I can't get enough of it.

Oh yea, and I love cooking, being a mom to my two beautiful girls, and wife to my wonderful / infuriating husband!

MY READING INTERESTS
My biggest interest regarding genre is Fantasy. Since having children, parenting books have become very useful to me, and I appreciate cookbooks, though I wouldn't call them "reading" material. I also enjoy biblical fiction, christian non-fiction, self-help, general fiction, young adult, some classics, and a small amount of science fiction. Many of the titles I read come from a collection of favorite authors. Sometimes I pick random books from library discards or bargain stores, and I also peruse the suggestions that Amazon makes to find new titles and authors. Since becoming a book blogger I add to my Wish List from the reviews I read on other book blogs.

ABOUT JACOBSBELOVED
My husband came up with this nickname years ago when I was stumped on a forum nickname to use. I loved it instantly. The Biblical story of Jacob and Rachel is one of my favorites, and those that are familiar with the Bible will understand that it means my real name is Rachel. Those that aren't familiar with it may simply be intrigued by the name and be enticed to find out more.

ABOUT THIS BLOG
I started this blog in November of 2009. I love to write, but I could not find the time to do any "serious" writing, what with three daughters to care for. I ran across a book blog while internet surfing, and thought blogging would be a great "non-serious" outlet for me, giving me a chance to write when I felt the need, without any specific goals in mind. I originally aimed to make this a personal blog, but it quickly became a "Book Blog", since, as my husband says, "I am books." I will occasionally throw up something about my personal life as I feel the need, but the main focus of this blog is to write about books in any and all ways I can possibly think of. That means book reviews, book lists, author interviews(hopefully), book challenges, book blogger interviews(eventually), book-related internet finds, etc. Suggestions are welcome!

AUTHORS, PUBLISHERS, AND OTHER BOOK PROMOTERS
I would love to hear from you. Please visit my review and disclosure policy page for information about book review submissions and other promotional opportunities.

REVIEWS
Books are reviewed and rated based on my personal response to the book, not its literary merit. I am not a professional reviewer. My reviews are simply my honest opinion of the book - no more, no less.

DISCLOSURES
I occasionally receive free books from authors and publishers. Reviews and ratings are in no way influenced by promotional or advanced reader's copies. Read my Review Policy and Disclosure Policy for more information.

CONTACT INFORMATION
All questions, comments, and pitches can be sent to hopester777(at)gmail(dot)com.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...