Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Guest Post: Xandra James



Today's guest is Xandra James, author of Reluctant Revenge and Shadow Justice. Xandra James has always wanted to write romance books. Even when she was sneaking peaks at the hot bits, too young to fully appreciate them, she dreamt of writing her own.
Now, older and wiser, she's got the opportunity to project her slightly dark and wacky, British sense of humor onto others, whilst still writing the hot bits - bonus!
When not writing, Xandra is thinking of excuses as to why she shouldn't be doing the housework, looking after a husband and cats that refuse to pick up after themselves and climbing the mountain in her house that's affectionately called her tbr pile.
She currently holds the crown for Queen Procrastinator – something she's very proud of – so you can usually find her online, somewhere, when she really should be writing.


Welcome Xandra!

Thanks so much for having me on your blog! I love finding new places to visit ;) Today I'm talking about that perfect romance hero…

Writing romance books is, I admit, a dream come true. I've been reading them since before I could truly appreciate all the scenes within *cough*. They became such a big thing for me that I wondered whether I would actually one day meet my own alpha hero or be let down terribly by the idiots that I'd come into contact with so far. Had I ruined myself in looking for true love? Yeah, I was a corny kid at times, way too sensible for my own good ;)
But who of you out there imagined themselves finding a man in real life exactly like you fell in love with in the book? I bet there's loads of you out there. I know I did. Even now, many years after marrying, I let myself imagine falling in love with the man I'd just read about (Okay, don't tell hubby… he already thinks I'm a little strange! Lol). But what really makes a perfect hero?
For me they'd have to be fantastic looking – probably dark hair, gorgeous eyes and a killer smile. He needs to be passionate, intelligent, protective, strong and capable. But most important to me? A sense of humour. I'm one of those people who love to laugh and will try and smile at whatever life throws at me. Of course, it doesn't always work, but it certainly helps.
As it turns out I did find my perfect man, despite the rose tinted glasses I had on when I was younger whilst reading loads of romance books! He isn't perfect; he definitely has his share of flaws. But he's as sexy as hell, got beautiful eyes and makes me die with his sense of humour! ;D
He is my perfect hero. As sickening as that sounds, LOL. And I'll use a lot of his traits when I'm writing about those hot alpha males. Well, they say write what you know, right? For instance, in Reluctant Revenge, Nash is one sexy guy. Although physically based on Hugh Jackman (okay, I may be a little bit obsessed) his sexiness, for me, comes out in his sense of humour. His passion and vulnerability are all there for you to see but that sparkle in his eye makes my toes curl ;)
So now you've listened to me talk about what I like, tell me what you find sexy in man.
I always wanted intelligence in my man, and I also wanted one with the same religious beliefs as myself. I found all that and more in husband!

5 comments:

Xandra James said...

Thanks for having me on your blog :)

Maria said...

Xandra! (Frowns...) You procrastinating again? (Shakes head in mock despair) This won't do at all you know!

What do I find sexy in a man? Well, a man who knows what the hell he's talking about is attractive in my reckoning. Along with not being afraid to admit when he's wrong and a man who respects a woman for what she is, not what he thinks she should be. Hope this suffices.

Now when are you getting back to work?

Maria said...

Left a comment here yesterday which seems to have disappeared. I hope you didn't think I was a spammer or being abusinve. Well I just wanted to appreciate Xandra's post and to say how much I enjoyed it and to remind her that the time has come to stop procrastinating and get on with writing.

My regards to Jacob's Beloved.

Rachel said...

Sorry, Maria, I have no idea what happened, but your first comment was sent to my spam folder for some reason I cannot fathom! I freed it, so now both of yours are here!

Maria said...

Good. The objective was to support Xandra. And you too of course, Rachel. Well done you, looking after young children and keeping up with your reading. It's not easy to do, I know!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...