Thursday, January 27, 2011

Knocked Up For Books

The 100 Healthiest Foods to Eat During Pregnancy: The Surprising Unbiased Truth about Foods You Should be Eating During Pregnancy but Probably Aren't
Every Pregnant Woman's Guide to Preventing Premature BirthWhat to Expect: Eating Well When You're ExpectingEating for Pregnancy: The Essential Nutrition Guide and Cookbook for Today's Mothers-to-BeI recently discovered that I am pregnant with my third child, so I thought a post centered on prenatal books would be within the guidelines of a book blog. With my previous two pregnancies, I exhausted the supply of pregnancy-centered and baby-centered literature at my local library each time, but with this one I'm wishing I did not have to turn these books in as I keep checking out and renewing the same titles over and over (until the librarian tells me not to).

My first pregnancy was near-perfect, but my second ended in a 32-week preemie, so I am anxious to prevent another premature birth. In addition, I never got rid of the baby weight from my previous pregnancies, so I have some extra weight I have to take into account regarding the health of my fetus and my own body. Hubby was nice enough to order me the one book I could find on preventing premature births, Every Pregnant Woman's Guide to Preventing Premature Birth by Barbara Luke. But, as a good bookworm, that's not all I want!
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First GradeWhat to Expect the First Year (What to Expect (Workman Publishing))More generalized books that interest me on pregnancy are What to Expect When You're Expecting: 4th Edition by Heidi Murkoff and YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy by Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet C. Oz.
You: Having a Baby Workout (DVD): The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy PregnancyBoth of these books have counterparts in the new baby category, too, which I wouldn't mind possessing: What to Expect the First Year (What to Expect (Workman Publishing)) by Heidi Eisenberg Murkoff, Ariene Eisenberg, and Sandee Hathaway, and YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade by Michael F. Roizen and Mehmet C. Oz.
 
And while the non-pregnant part of my mind balks at the idea of working out, I am making myself do prenatal exercises regularly, so You: Having a Baby Workout (DVD): The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy by Joel Harper would be a good addition.

If any generous and/or sympathetic readers feel the need to help a book-hungry, hormone-driven mom with any of these lovely titles, I have them listed on my amazon.ca Wish List.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...