Saturday, December 31, 2011

I Was Robbed!


I was robbed. Yup, you read that right. Robbed by someone in the postal service, to be exact. Yesterday, I received a package in the mail that had obviously been deliberately ripped into, and was thus EMPTY. Yes, an empty package envelope inside of a big plastic bag bearing the insignia of Canada Post with an "apology" printed on the packaging. It reads:
"Dear Customer,
We sincerely regret that your mail item is damaged. It was found in this condition in the mail-stream.
We realize that your mail is important to you, and we are always concerned when mail entrusted to our care is damaged. We continue to improve our processing methods to help reduce occurrences of mail damage in our system.
You may call Canada Post at 1-800-267-1177 or visit our website at www.canadapost.ca if liability coverage applies. Please note the packaging and contents may be required.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Sincerely,
Canada Post"

Damaged?? How about MISSING! Really, I would have been quite content with a damaged book, as long as I still had the thing. When I am asked to review a book for a publicist in exchange for a free copy of the book, I feel like I betrayed their trust when something like this happens. Plus, it's rather difficult to trust the mail service when my packages are rifled through and stolen like some petty shoplifter. Wasn't there a Home Alone scene featuring bad postal workers?? or how about this Ace Ventura scene?



Packages have a hard enough time getting to my tiny town, without having to deal with this, too. And the website was pretty much no help at all, either. And no way is this an accident, as that is an obvious tear by dirty, thieving fingers. Has this ever happened to you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...