Thursday, November 24, 2011

Challenge Completed: Read a Myth Challenge

I am a sucker for a good myth or fairy tale retelling, so I enjoyed completing the Read a Myth Challenge for 2011. I managed to read three books from the Canongate series that this challenge is based on, plus a few of my own choosing. In addition, at least one of the books had to be non-fiction and my choices had to span more than three countries. The countries I pulled from were Canada, England, the U.S.A., and Israel, with only one book being an actual translation. I read at the Level 4 Ogma: The God of All Myths, with 8 books total.
Here are the books I read for this challenge, with their reviews:


1. Beastly by Alex Flinn (U.S.A.)
2. American Gods by Neil Gaiman (England)
3. The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood (Canada)
4. A Short History of Myth by Karen Armstrong
5. A Midnight Dance by Lila DiPasqua (U.S.A.)
6. Abandon by Meg Cabot (U.S.A.)
7. Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire (U.S.A.)
8. Lion's Honey by David Grossman (Israel)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...