Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:
Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2)
          Are you one of the new wolves? I wondered in my head, but I didn't say it aloud, in case my voice startled him. He tilted his face upward, and I saw his nose working in my direction. I felt I knew what he wanted: I slowly lifted a hand in his direction, proffering my palm. He recoiled, as if from the scent, not from the movement, because after he had jerked back, his nose continued working.
I didn't have to bring my palm to my own nose to know what he was smelling, because I could still smell it myself. The sweet, rotting scent of almonds, trapped between my fingers and under my nails. It seemed more ominous than the fever itself had. It seemed to say, This is more than just a fever. - pg. 184, Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2) by Maggie Stiefvater

What are you reading this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...