Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Beauty and the Werewolf by Mercedes Lackey

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!).
5. Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My Teaser:
          'I don't know if enthralled is the word I would use,' he said, making a sour face. Unlike Eric, who seemed to have two expressions, arrogant and sullen, Sabastian practically radiated everything he was feeling. 'It's not very pleasant reading. It's about accidental Transformations, times when something went wrong and a person or object got transformed that wasn't supposed to be. I thought I would see if there were any were-creatures that had ever been created that way, and if there were, if they were infectious afterward. It's just not fair for you to be locked up here for three months if there's no need, and before I can say 'there's no need' I have to have evidence. So since no one knows how I got this way, it seems reasonable that the same rules would apply.'
Good heavens, he is taking his responsibility to me seriously! This was somewhat unexpected. She'd thought she would have to keep at him about it. - pg. 144, Beauty and the Werewolf by Mercedes Lackey
What are you reading this week?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...