1.The lunar month is about 28 days.
2. The average human menstrual cycle is 28 days although no link has been established with the nightlighting and the Moon.
3. The Gregorian calendar follows a 28-year cycle for the most part.
4. In Gematriya, the system of Hebrew Numerology, the number 28 corresponds to the word koakh, meaning "power", "energy".
5. February has 28 days, except in leap years.
6. 28 B.C. was the year of the earliest recorded sunspot by Chinese astronomers.
7. 28 is the number of dominoes in standard domino sets.
8. The number of letters in the Danish and Swedish alphabets (not counting W), and also in the Arabic and Esperanto alphabets.
9. 28 is the fourth magic number in physics.
10. National Science Day is celebrated in India on February 28 every year to mark the discovery of Raman effect by C.V. Raman.
11. In 1928, the last section (wise – wyze) of the original Oxford English Dictionary is completed and ready for publication (OED (1933, 1978 vol. 1, pp. xxv, xxvl).
12. On September 28, 1928, Alexander Fleming discovers Penicillin.
13. In 1928, Mickey Mouse appears in Steamboat Willie, the third Mickey Mouse cartoon released, but the first sound film.
14. In 1928, an iron lung respirator is used for the first time at Children's Hospital, Boston.
15. In 1928, poet and novelist Maya Angelou is born.
16. In 1928, Elie Wiesel, Romanian Holocaust survivor, writer, and lecturer, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize is born.
17. In 1928, American Author Philip K. Dick is born.
18. The 28th Amendment to the Constitution of the United States is a often-debated urban legend, as the Constitution has only 27 Amendments.
19. Texas is the 28th state ratified into the Union. (My Birth State!)
20. Hosea is the 28th book in the Bible, a book that bears a promise of restoration amidst the message of destruction.
21. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) by J.K. Rowling is the 28th best-selling book of all time.
22. The classic Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence was first written and published in 1928.
23. The 28th meridian east passes through the Aegean Sea, where I would like to visit one day when I travel to Italy and Greece!
24. In 1828, French author Jules Verne is born.
25. In 1828, Russian writer Leo Tolstoy is born.
26. The 28th chapter of the Bible, Genesis 28, is when God blesses Jacob and he dreams of a ladder stretching up to heaven, and the angels of God traversing it.
27. The first television was sold in 1928.
28. In 1928 the Academy Awards are handed out for the first time.
So it turns out 28 can be pretty interesting! And if any generous readers feel the absolute need to get me a birthday present, feel free to peruse my Wish List for ideas and I will be happy to accomodate you with a shipping address, but hey, no pressure!